The college girlís hostel was officially opened on 22nd of September 2011 and started to receive and host its students. The
college hostel is designed to be comfortable & adequate to all students. It accommodates 142 students and three house
mothers. It has four floors and with 48 rooms and each room is accommodating three students. The student handbook has
all the rules and regulations for the college hostel which students are insisted to read and strictly follow.
∑ To educate students and to enable them to adapt themselves to a disciplined mode of life which
will prepare them to be useful citizens in their future life.
∑ To inculcate in the students a feeling of mutual help, self discipline and adjustments in the society
in which they live and to train them to live together peacefully in society.
∑ To facilitate parents to educate their children properly and without anxiety.
All students residing the hostel must fully abide by the Hostelís Rules & Regulations. Violation can
lead to dismissal of the student from the hostel.
Rules & Regulations:
1. Students who seek admission to the hostel should apply in the prescribed form along with the assurance by their
guardians for the good conduct and behavior of the student during her stay in the hostel, complying with the hostel rules.
2. Every student is required to carry with her hostel/college identity card and produce the same to the authorities as and
3. No student shall be absent from the hostel during night time without prior written permission from the housemother.
4. Students should not create any inconvenience to other residents of the hostel.
5. Application for leave of absence from the hostel shall be made in advance to the housemother.
6. Residents will make sure that the application is sanctioned before the student leaves the hostel.
7. The housemother has the right to refuse admission to the hostel premises to any one considered undesirable. Guests
shall not be allowed to stay in the hostel.
8. They must ensure that the lights, fans and Air Conditioners are switched off when the rooms are unoccupied. Failure to
comply with rules will make them liable to pay fine of any amount fixed by the College Management.
9. Students are liable to be penalized by the house mother if found any posting or writing on doors and walls.
10. Every student shall keep the room allotted to them clean and neat. They shall take proper care of the furniture and
fixture handed over to them. The hostel authorities have the right to enter and inspect the rooms at any time, even in
the absence of students.
11. It is the responsibility of the residents to wash and clean all vessels and plates they use for cooking and eating.
Cleaners will only take away the waste and containers deposited in the waste basket.
12. Students alone are responsible for the safety of their personal cash and valuables.
13. No meeting, parties or gathering of the residents for political purpose shall be held inside/ outside the hostel without
prior consent of the Finance and Administration Manager or the hostel supervisor.
14. All visitors shall have to sign their names showing relationship with the resident concerned in the Student Exit Permit
Form available with the house mother.
15. No student shall exchange her room with another student without the prior written permission
from the housemother.
16. Visitorís hours in the hostel will be on Monday and Thursday only for four hours from 5pm to 9pm.
17. Student, who is going out with a temporary permit, must return to the hostel not later than 10 pm and on Thursday
and Friday, they should return not later than 11 pm.
18. Public phones in hostels are meant for all students. Therefore, students should remember to use them with
consideration for other students.
19. Students who find their roommate(s) missing for more than 48 hours must report them to the hostel supervisor.
20. The main gate/door will be closed daily from Saturday to Wednesday at 10:00 p.m. On Thursday and Fridays, the door
will be closed at 11:00 p.m.
21. Students should sign in daily at 9:00 p.m.
22. Hostel Fees & Caution Deposit are collected in advance for the month. The fees shall be paid for full month in case
student stays less than 15 days in a month, she will be asked to pay half of the amount. The fees will be waived only for
annual vacation time for the students, i.e. for August every year.
23. In case student loses the room key, the Department will deduct its value from the Caution Deposit amount.
1. Students can go outside the hostel in the weekend and holidays only with authorized people.
2. Student going outside the hostel should return before 10 pm. However, on Thursday and
Friday; the student can reach the hostel not later than 11pm.
3. Any delay on returning to hostel on time, the student should bring written proof from the
4. During the study days, the student should get permission from Student Affairs Officer to go
out in cases of emergency.
Visiting timing and hours:
Visiting days will be only on Monday and Thursday from 5pm to 9 pm.
Abuses and breach of the hostelís rules & regulations by any student will be referred to an authorized person or
committee for taking disciplinary who may attract any one of the following penalties depending on the seriousness of the
1- A verbal warning by the House Mother when a rule is violated for the first time.
2- A written warning from the Honorary Warden if the violation is repeated. Copy of the warning letter will be kept in the
3- Continuous violation of rules will attract temporary/permanent suspension of the student from the hostel and the
matter will be reported to the parent/guardian.
4- If for any reason/s a student is dismissed from the college, she will automatically be dismissed from the hostel also.