Orientation Week: Placement Tests
The tests will place you in suitable classes, according to your level in Foundation or Direct Entry into Medicine/ Pharmacy
1. Why should I take placement tests?
2. What placement tests do I have to take?
IT (depending on your English placement score)
4. What is the English placement test like?
3. When will the placement tests take place?
5. What happens after I take the English placement test?
The tests are conducted during the Orientation week.
The test has three sections:
Listening- 40 minutes
Reading- 55 minutes
Total time- 2 hrs
You will be placed at the appropriate level, based on your test score. If your score is:
1. ³ 550, you can apply for Advanced Placement for direct entry into Medicine/ Pharmacy Degree Programs.
2. 361-549, you will be placed in the Regular program- (1 Year Duration)
3. £ 360, you will be placed in the Intensive English program. - You may have to spend more than a year (1- 2 Years)
6. What about the Math placement test?
7. What about the IT placement test?
You will be tested on basic Math.
If your score is
1. 70% you can progress into Pure Math course
2. < 70% you will have to take Basic Math course
If you have a score of ³ 450 on the English placement, you can take the IT (Level 1) placement test.
If your score is ³ 70%, you are not required to do IT (Level 1).
8. From where can I get copies of sample tests?
Samples of the placement tests are available with the Registration department.